The school was opened in 1826 as a house of refugee in Philadelphia and then broke off into a boys and girls school and moved to glen mills and was built in 1908. The school was founded in 1911 and was known as the "Glen Mills School Girls Department" but then in 1931 became separate and became Sleighton. The buildings include Evans House, John Sargent Admin building, Lincoln cottage, Harrison cottage, Robinson cottage, Dubois-Miller cottage, Lucretia Mott Cottage, Watson Cottage, Campbell Cottage, Washington Cottage, Debrah-Logan Cottage, Chapel, Falconer education center, Powerhouse, Cannery, Farm Office building, Stone barn, Clubhouse, Marie B. Lucky house, Stokes Barn and Cottage and Gym building. Sleighton was originally a farm school for girls but in the 60's it became no longer a farm school and in 1975 it became a co-ed school. The school closed in 2001 because of financial issues and has been abandoned since.
Information and Historical Photos From:
Most buildings are closed off, but some are open like the chapel, gym and some of the cottages or farm houses.