The Bells was originally called "The Reefs" and was built in 1876. A lawyer Theodor Davis first owned the house and filled it with artifacts and treasures from his travels around the world. After Davis died, the estate was sold to the Budong family, until it was seized during World War 2. After the war, the government gave the estate back, but they just left it to decay. The actual house burned down in a fire and torn down, but the remains of the stables and carriage house still remain in a public park.
The building has fences and is patrolled daily and is on a park, so if someone sees they might call the police.