How To Research
1) Search "Abandoned (Place you want it to be near)"
2) Look through photographs and articles and find a place you would like to visit
3) Then google the places name and find all the information you need
4) Make sure to research before going, the history of the place and if it's accessible.
5) Make sure to not take anything or destroy anything on purpose. Have fun and Take pictures!
Tips on going urban exploring
1) Be aware that urban exploring is illegal and you are going onto private property, don't be stupid.
2) Park across the street or somewhere not on the property, when you do people already know someone is trespassing.
3) Most of the time, if your roaming outside and someone approaches you, have an excuse prepared. For me because I am younger, I usually say that I'm taking pictures for a school project, and usually they will nicely ask me to leave or they will let me continue taking pictures.
4) Have a urban exploring bag with all of the essentials. I pack a flashlight, asbestos masks, camera and gloves if I wanted to touch anything. Make sure when you are roaming the grounds you don't have any of these things out.
5) Make sure where you are going into is safe and stable, you don't want to fall through any floors.
6) Keep in mind a lot of these places are not accessible, though sometimes the people securing these places are dumb. Make sure to check everything, because often there are holes in the fences or they will forget to lock one door.
7) Make sure to have fun and be safe!